Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My Grandma is 101!

She has lived through it all. When she was born in 1905 most people were still riding horses. The airplane hadn't been invented yet. The radio was still in its infancy having been invented only 9 years before. Women were not allowed to vote. Teddy Roosevelt was President. She knew her great-grandfather well. He was born in 1820 - when Thomas Jefferson was still alive - and died in 1922 at 102!

Of course, my grandma has taken good care of herself. The two packs a day she smoked for 88 years have given her strong lungs (She's had to cut back to 6 cigarettes a day in the nursing home). She always had lots of packaged cookies and store-bought donuts in her drawer when we were kids. Exercise? Not if there's something good on TV!

I don't think I want to get that old. When she dies we won't even have to cremate her. Just crinkle her up.

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

WOW...yeah for her!
Amazing how people live to be so old and they did nothing healthy....

Hamrose said...

Ha! That's funny. Yee-Ha grandma. Personally I'm gonna have the ol' cyanide capsule ready and when I feel the time coming..I'm gonna bite down hard on that puppy!