Tuesday, February 03, 2009

There's a pill for that!

Every time I turn on the TV there is a medicine for something or other. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, acid reflux disease, restless leg syndrome, vaginal dryness, sexual dysfunction, impotency and weight loss among others.

I saw an ad for 'low dose' aspirin. I checked the store shelves and the stuff is very expensive! However, if we don't take it we will all have heart attacks and die. The thing they don't tell us is that a couple of cheap baby aspirin are exactly the same thing.

I recently read that the cholesterol fighting drug Crestor cuts heart attack deaths in low risk patients by 50%! However, most low risk patients will never have a heart attack anyway. That's why they are low risk.

I think too many people are taking medicines they don't need and the side effects are usually worse than what they are trying to cure.

Do I sound cynical? Perhaps. Maybe they have a pill for that!

"Feeling cynical? Try new Anticyn! Anticyn will releive cynical symptoms for up to 8 full hours!"

No comments: