Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Was the Presidential Election Rigged?



Now that Obama is officially the President I ask myself, "was the election rigged?"

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I seems to me that the Republicans could not have run a worse campaign if they tried. Or did they try to run a bad campaign?

Sarah Palin, though I'm sure she's a lovely lady and makes a fine fruitcake, could not possibly be less qualified for the position of second head honcho. She had no experience outside the frozen tundra of Alaska, no foreign policy experience, no idea what Washington politics are about, has a knocked up 17 year old daughter and a husband who would rather go snowmobiling than be at home. I do think she's a nice piece of ass and she's close to my age but she's got that Evangelical Christian thing going on. Ergo, she was a recipe for disaster from the start!

John McCain, though I'm sure he makes a mean barbecue, was old, self-indulgent, sickly (he's been treated for melanoma twice), out of touch with technology and perhaps the least desirable republican to ever run for office.

As Sarah so aptly stated, “It's amazing we did as well as we did!”

John McCain, for all his myriad faults and failings, is no idiot. There were certainly many more qualified people to fill the office of VP than little Miss Ex-Beauty Queen that would have been ideal. Condoleezza Rice for example. She's female, conservative, popular and she's also black! Why wasn't she considered?

My brother, a staunch conservative who once worked in the billowed halls of Congress for former Senator Dole, even agreed that McCain is an asshole and wouldn't vote for him.

Was there some kind of massive conspiracy construed by the Bush administration to silence his own party? Is there some sort of agenda that we are not hearing about? Or are the Republicans as corrupt, ignorant and out of touch as they seem?

No comments: